A Connecticut State Marshal is the only official authorized by law to serve Civil Process in the State of Connecticut.
If you have a case with one or several defendants, State Marshal Brian Mezick can handle the service if any of the following apply:
- any one defendant is in New Haven County
(Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Derby, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Meriden, Middlebury, Milford, Naugatuck, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Oxford, Prospect, Seymour, Southbury, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, Wolcott, Woodbridge)
- any one defendant resides outside of the State of Connecticut
- any defendant can be served via the Secretary of the State, Insurance Commissioner, the Attorney General or the Department of Motor Vehicles, or any defendant is in a correctional facility.
State Marshal Brian Mezick is responsible for serving Writ, Summons & Complaints for all State and Federal Courts in such actions as:
- Personal Injury
- Divorce & Family cases
- Summary Process (eviction), landlord tenant cases
- Pre-judgment remedy
State Marshal Brian Mezick is authorized by the General Statutes to serve and assist with the following:
- Motion for Modification
- Custody application
- Application for relief from abuse
- Restraining Orders
- Small Claims
- Notice to Quit Possession
- Lis Pendens
- Notice of Deposition
- Examination of Judgment Debtor (EJD)
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Broker’s Liens
- Orders of Notice & Newspaper publications
- Orders of Notice & certified mail / registered mail
- Service on the Secretary of State, Insurance Commissioner, Attorney General, Department of Motor Vehicles, or other State Agency
Marshal Mezick also serves:
- Property Attachments
- Bank and Wage Executions
- Military Affidavits
- Bank & Financial Executions
- Property Executions
- Wage Executions & Garnishments
Marshal Mezick strives to exceed your expectations as your CT State Marshal, providing prompt and reliable service of process, evictions and collection of Connecticut judgments.
Contact us today at (203) 684-3100
State Marshal Brian Mezick’s office is located at the Charles Atwater Building at 35 Elm Street in downtown New Haven, in walking distance from the courthouses.
Mailing Address: 35 Elm Street, Suite 1A, New Haven, CT 06510-2023
FedEx/UPS: If utilizing overnight delivery, please waive signature requirements
If dropping papers: We are located around the corner from the courthouse. Use mailslot on office door for convenient drop off. Please include coversheet with your contact info and service details.